About Me

My photo
Sauff Lundin Overspill, Kent, United Kingdom
I've been told it's like I keep my thoughts in a champagne bottle, then shake it up and POP THAT CORK! I agree...life is for living and havin fun - far too short to bottle up stuff. So POP!...You may think it... I will say it! (And that cork's been popped a few times... check out the blog archive as the base of the page for many more rants and observations!)

http://jaxobservesandrants.blogspot.com/'s Fan Box

Monday 16 September 2013

BLOG 262 - The Big Breakfast

"You don't want to be fat? Then you have to say no to certain foods". Shakira

I'm not saying you will end up looking like the goddess that is Shakira... But I am saying that I may have stumbled across why it is  that your good intentions to end up that way fall apart so ruddy quickly.

And on this matter I can honestly say that my hips don't lie.


Apparently weight gain IS breakfast linked. Step away from the orangejuice/ toast/cereal combo NOW!!!


I have spent most my of life trying to assemble the defence for the good old process and genetically modified free zone which is known to us all as THE GOOD OL' BRITISH FRY UP and I cannot contain my excitement as to this mornings little discovery.


I'm doing a freelance article for a health club at the moment ... no matter what bills must be paid, so here I am knuckling down to some work.


It's not great fun  going through loads of research papers on hormone imbalances. I can assure you it is rather dull. Insulin spikes, Grehlin hormones, Adiponectin activity, Cortisol production, phytonutient stripping, arteries, blood sugar levels yaddah yaddah yaddah.


Anyway after a few hours I looked at my notes..  and there was a bloody pattern.  Breakfast.... and not a mention of a wallsey banger or a danepak sizzle strip in sight.....just discovered a load of stuff that shocked me!


Every time these five foods in one form or another kept surfacing....:
*Concentrated Fruit juice
*Margarine
*Wholewheat bread
*Soy milk 
*Breakfast Cereal 

Basically if you trolley that lot for breakkers, you are releasing a hormone called Grehlin. Starting the day with Grehlin in your system and all day long high-calorie foods look more appealing (perhaps explaining why you'll choose chocolate cake over salad by tea time!)


Whereas if you start with a protein led orgy...you produce Adiponectin which is a fat burning hormone... ramp it up with some green veggies and a cup of green tea.... no more insulin/cortisol spikes and you gain easy entry into SLENDER CITY!
(Who knew????)


Anyway... thought I'd share, it was like one of those lemons/lemonade moments . 


PLEASE NOTE :My legal advisor has asked me to remind life that there are diversity laws in this country and that next time life gives me lemons there had better be some limes and oranges prominently featured or I'll see life in court.



The JaxWorld Blog can be followed on Twitter-@JaxWorldBlog
Or you can join almost 10,000 fans of The JaxWorld Blog on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/The.JaxWorld.Blog
Thanks for continuing to vote for JaxWorld as the Best Blog about Stuff and for ALL your support that has made this blog such a huge success

No comments:

Post a Comment