About Me

My photo
Sauff Lundin Overspill, Kent, United Kingdom
I've been told it's like I keep my thoughts in a champagne bottle, then shake it up and POP THAT CORK! I agree...life is for living and havin fun - far too short to bottle up stuff. So POP!...You may think it... I will say it! (And that cork's been popped a few times... check out the blog archive as the base of the page for many more rants and observations!)

http://jaxobservesandrants.blogspot.com/'s Fan Box

Sunday 11 March 2012

Blog 197: Chris said....





"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

One of the joys about being properly educated is that I understand words. One of the great English exponants of words was the writer Aldous Huxley (most famed for being the author of Brave New World). Of course if I were a using today's logic I would have never read him or heard of him as he died when I was pre-school, but I am of the generation that was taught to look backways as well as foreways for I may learn something that may save me a trip. Aldous Huxley once said "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored".

Yes Aldous... Yes.

The facts remain.

Someone else that knows words due to a good education would be Chris Martin (Younger readers of JaxWorld wake up! this happened during YOUR lifetime and we all know this is the ONLY part of history that counts to you).

Chris and three of his pals scribbled down something that described the conceited intransigence, the fake flexibility, the pride, the stubbornness, the indecision and the paranoia which once dressed up with some elaborate self-righteous defence mechanism, blameless blame games and the tangled mess of inconsistencies are all that we can grasp in the wake of misunderstandings.

But music succeeds where just words fail as Chris and pals attached the words to a guitar rift that tells of the tiredness, irritability, impatience, misunderstandings, crossed wires, inaction, fault and blindness that ultimately lead to destroying relationships through anger, laziness and insecurity.

I was blown away the first time I heard it ten years ago. Not much has changed in my reaction to it in the decade that has passed.


A warning sign
I missed the good part then I realised
That I started looking and the bubble burst
I started looking for excuses
Come on in, I've got to tell you what a state I'm in
I've got to tell you in my loudest tones
That I started looking for a warning sign

When the truth is
I miss you
Yeah the truth is
That I miss you so

A warning sign
You came back to haunt me and I realised
That you were an island and I passed you by
When you were an island to discover
Come on in, I've got to tell you what a state I'm in
I've got to tell you in my loudest tones
That I started looking for a warning sign

And the truth is
I miss you
Yeah the truth is
I miss you so
And I'm tired
I should not have let you go

So I crawl back into your open arms
Yes I crawl back into your open arms
And I crawl back into your open arms
Yes I crawl back into your open arms

Writer: GUY BERRYMAN, JON BUCKLAND, WILL CHAMPION, CHRIS MARTIN


... I think Aldous would approve... after all that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.



The JaxWorld Blog can be followed on Twitter- @JaxWorldBlog

If you enjoyed this blog and you want to contact Jax or find out more about the JaxWorld blog, pls log onto: http://thejaxworldblog.vpweb.co.uk/

Thanks for continuing to vote for JaxWorld as the Best Blog about Stuff and for ALL your support that has made this blog such a huge success

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... odd how an old song can take you back to a time, then when it finishes you feel like you've just come back from somewhere.
    RIP Jennifer. the Truth is..I Miss you.
    Good song choice.

    ReplyDelete