About Me

My photo
Sauff Lundin Overspill, Kent, United Kingdom
I've been told it's like I keep my thoughts in a champagne bottle, then shake it up and POP THAT CORK! I agree...life is for living and havin fun - far too short to bottle up stuff. So POP!...You may think it... I will say it! (And that cork's been popped a few times... check out the blog archive as the base of the page for many more rants and observations!)

http://jaxobservesandrants.blogspot.com/'s Fan Box

Sunday 13 November 2011

BLOG 184: Accidental

“Accidents, try to change them -- it's impossible. The accidental reveals man.” Pablo Picasso

It is often said that I can be quite distant. Like I’m there, (taking part – making noise and ostensibly in the moment), but totally unconnected. Someone once said it was as if I am an observer rather than a true participant and that I get in my own way when it comes to belonging. It’s possibly the fairest criticism I get.

I don’t think I truly belong to any one thing, or place, or indeed person. I’ve been that way for more years than I would ever be comfortable numbering, but I suppose if I had to say where I think it started... it would be when I did the maths and figured out that I am an accidental person.

Now being an accident does not mean you are not loved – very often the accident is lavished with love and is very secure within themselves. This is certainly NOT a security issue – after all people had to decide to keep you. So how more secure could you be! Yet conversely when your very existence was generated outside the planned zone, a strange almost observational relationship develops between you and your own existence.

I doubt if many of us are comfortable with details of our conception, and I should imagine most of us are spared that. But we all at some point or another do the maths and figure out whether or not we are accidental people. I suppose it shouldn’t make any difference if you were much planned or a complete surprise, as they say on all the reality shows it’s all about the journey.

It’s a comfortable thought, that where you start does not dictate where you end, but unfortunately I don’t believe that for a second. Once you are aware that if the rules were abided by, you would not exist that solitary thought does rather inform your journey.

I exist when really I shouldn’t and so on some subconscious level I don’t really think that ‘the rules’ actually apply to me.

This is not all bad. Non accidental people kind of have a path laid out for them. They are like fare paying passengers... they know exactly where they are going. I’m more like a stowaway... always waiting for someone to reveal I shouldn’t really be on board. But it does rather make one slightly distant when it comes to belonging... because ...well, think about it... a stowaway doesn’t.

Anyhoo... here I am. To all intent and purposes I AM doing the same journey as everyone else. But I don’t cling to the rules or expect any of the rewards, because hey!... they were never actually laid on for me. I may sneak a few while no one is looking, but I’m never going to plan anything in. My journey is entirely accidental... it really doesn’t have a plan... it runs because it is running that’s all.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to do the journey with the non-accidentals though. Happy to witness how it all works when you really should be on board the good ship Life. I will always applaud your successes, commiserate your failures, endorse your efforts, support your struggles, dance at your weddings, raise a glass at your christenings, cry at your funerals... but all the time feeling strangely disconnected from it all – as only an accidental can.

I doubt very much if you know what I mean.

Unless you are an accidental person too.

The JaxWorld Blog can be followed on Twitter- @JaxWorldBlog


If you enjoyed this blog and you want to contact Jax or find out more about the JaxWorld blog, pls log onto:http://thejaxworldblog.vpweb.co.uk/


Thanks for continuing to vote for JaxWorld as the Best Blog about Stuff and for ALL your support that has made this blog such a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment