About Me

My photo
Sauff Lundin Overspill, Kent, United Kingdom
I've been told it's like I keep my thoughts in a champagne bottle, then shake it up and POP THAT CORK! I agree...life is for living and havin fun - far too short to bottle up stuff. So POP!...You may think it... I will say it! (And that cork's been popped a few times... check out the blog archive as the base of the page for many more rants and observations!)

http://jaxobservesandrants.blogspot.com/'s Fan Box

Monday 24 December 2012

BLOG 233 - MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!




"Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect." - Oren Arnol


Well, Merry Merry JaxWorld Readers… every blog  (and OMG we are looking at 233 of them since we started taking the lid of my wibbly wobbly world)  begins with a quote from someone way much wiser than I.

So as my yuletide gift to you folk… I thought I would leave you on the night before Christmas with a few quotes for this time of year:

SO… here we GO:

EDDY SIMS: I’m glad I never see Santa’s face when I open my pressies… I miss that awkward moment when he realises he has left the price on the gift

ESTELLA TRIGJE: Santa list would be different if he could close his eyes at the weekends – I’d so make the good list.


ANDREA STRONG: If  Santa read your Facebook status he’d be buying you a bloody good dictionary for Christmas

DENNIS MILLER: Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.

JAY LENO: The supreme court ruled that there could not be a nativity scene in Washington DC. They couldn’t find 3 wise men or a virgin.

JOAN RIVERS: Dear Santa, ( ) I've been good all year. ( ) Ok most of the time. ( ) Once in a while. (X) Fuck it. I'll buy my own shit.

JAXWORLD BLOG: Anyone who believes that men are the equal of women has never seen a man trying to wrap a Christmas present.

BILL WATERSON: Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer...Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously?



And finally….Festive season quotes for all the poor saps who have to earn a crust


DILBERT: Why is Christmas like any other day in the office? The little people do all the work and the fat guy in the suit turns up last minute and takes all the credit.

HARRY B THAYER: At this time of year out comes the FUN boss. I wish to remind him, It is possible to fool the people you work for. It is more difficult to fool the people you work with. But it is almost impossible to fool the people who work under you.

CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER: There are worse things than working over Christmas: Working with Julie Andrews is like getting hit over the head with a valentine.

BILL GATES: Here at work we're all just trying to get a job done. My people have the confidence of their convictions and they know their skills. And that occupies most of their time - I'm on holiday.

SARAH GEE: I always give 100% at Work: 10% Monday, 23% Tuesday, 40% Wednesday, 22% Thursday, 5% Friday! This year I'll give a full 23% - up 13% on 2011!

BT OPERATIVE: At work you might hear me say, 'How can I help you?' but my tone says, 'What the fuck do you want?'

TYLER WILCOX: Another day at work...I'm having as much fun as a colour-blind person playing twister.

SARA SANTIGO: I use sarcasm at work because slapping the shit outta someone on Xmas day is looked down on by management.

GEMMA ARETON: I'm looking at working with people I get on with, that respect me, that don't just see me as from the outside. Which I have experienced as well. I don't want that in my life. I want to enjoy the work I do.

PETER FALK: Never take your mind to work. If your mind is at work, we're in danger of reproducing another cliche. If we can keep our minds out of it and our thoughts out of it, maybe we'll come up with something original.

HEATHER HARTNER: I don't have a problem with idiots. I just have a problem working with them.

MERLE SHAIN: You can employ men and hire hands to work for you, but you must win their hearts to have them work with you. You'll need to have won both for them to come in for you on Christmas day.

And let’s finish up with the words of wisdom from a man, much much wiser me:



"I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus I drift along into the holidays--let them overtake me unexpectedly--waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself: 'Why this is Christmas Day!'" - Ray Stannard Baker

Happy Christmas one and all…. See you on the other side – Jax.




The JaxWorld Blog can be followed on Twitter- @JaxWorldBlog    
Or you can join over 9000 fans of The JaxWorld Blog on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/The.JaxWorld.Blog   
   
Thanks for continuing to vote for JaxWorld as the Best Blog about Stuff and for ALL your support that has made this blog such a huge success 

No comments:

Post a Comment