About Me

My photo
Sauff Lundin Overspill, Kent, United Kingdom
I've been told it's like I keep my thoughts in a champagne bottle, then shake it up and POP THAT CORK! I agree...life is for living and havin fun - far too short to bottle up stuff. So POP!...You may think it... I will say it! (And that cork's been popped a few times... check out the blog archive as the base of the page for many more rants and observations!)

http://jaxobservesandrants.blogspot.com/'s Fan Box

Wednesday 7 April 2010

BLOG 101: English Heritage

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck!” Francis Bacon, English Philosopher ~ on the occasion of his knighthood 1603

Its Election month and we should have or brains sharpened for asking the relevant questions in order to get the answers we require to make a judgement.

For heaven sake! It’s not rocket science.

BEFORE you shoot your mouth off… ask the WHO, ask the WHY, ask the WHAT, ask the WHERE, ask the HOW.

The English language is blessed with easy rules. You hear a proposition then you question it. THEN if you don’t like the answer… blast away! But we never ever make up our minds based on paltry information or stereotypes and we absolutely never ever shoot our traps off till we know as much about something as we can. Filling in the blanks based on nothing is a very dangerous way to go. It is the antipathy of being English.

Why is it that we, the nation who gave this world such a fantastic language, have the most lyrical language, the language of Shakespeare, the language ideas have been argued in from Bacon to Mill.

But lately I’ve been forced to ask - have we lost the ability to seek information before we judge? Cause everywhere I look around there is some half arsed big mouth shouting loudly when he knows absolutely NOTHING about which he is talking!

What has happened to us?

Not only have we lost the ability to ask questions to make sense of what is around us… we have lost the ability to add up.

Since when does 1+1 =11???

Today I listened to idiots stating that all the jobs are being taken by people from Eastern Europe. OH REALLY? English people want to work in the hop and strawberry fields doing back breaking work so badly that they resent the migrant workers taking those jobs? SHUT UP… I recall that argument was being offered after WW2 when migrant workers came and worked for peanuts rebuilding the infrastructure. The indigenous people didn’t want to do those jobs then, just like they don’t want to do the lowly paid work there is an abundance of now. Most of the employers are indigenous… don’t you think if indigenous workers were hammering on their doors for that work they’d lean that way?

Just watch the now famous documentary…”The day the immigrants left” You will find your WHO, your WHAT, your WHY, your WHEN and your HOW. In the film, presented by Evan Davis, some of the featured locals from Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, complained they were routinely turned down for factory work as they were English, an assertion denied by one boss of a potato-packing factory who said: ‘Where British workers are, I don’t know, but they’re not applying for jobs.’ To test if the town needed so many foreign workers, the immigrant employees were temporarily removed from their jobs, and the work given to the local unemployed. The town's British workers have a chance to prove they can do it… by and large…they didn’t want to.

1 + 1 = 2. Always has.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh…. It’s simple maths.

But why bother check the facts when jumping to conclusions is much more fun.

This isn’t just about the wider world though, jumping to conclusions about your friends is also the fashion!… can you believe THIS?

I have spent the last 14 months of working my arse off… creating JaxWorld, being editor in chief of a new magazine… to say nothing of raising a teenager single handed and keeping the wolf from the door. Yeah... I guess I could have sat on my arse following my unexpected redundancy… But I didn’t but that is not who I am. (maybe because I was raised by two of those migrants that came here after WW2). But none the less I was accused of being workshy and juvenile.

By someone who could not be BOTHERED to check the facts.

We have come to the point now where even ones own friends cannot be bothered to check out the facts… just jump to conclusions about lone parents why don’t you? And ensure you mock them loudly when you jump your conclusion… after all no smoke without the fire you started with your own match …. Eh????

I am so bloody sick of this attitude. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO US??

We used to know that you have a duty to check your facts before you shout your mouth off!!!

I fear for us if this is the attitude this nation is taking to the ballot box.

Please prove me wrong… please tell me that we are BETTER than that!!!

If you enjoyed this blog and you want to contact Jax or find out more about JaxWorld blog please log onto: http://thejaxworldblog.vpweb.co.uk/

Thanks for voting for JaxWorld as the Best Blog about Stuff in the 2009 Blogger Choice Awards and for all your support that has made this blog such a success.

1 comment:

  1. ah welcome to my world Jax coz everyone who doesn't know the facts always assumes i got into the fire brigade coz im BLACK and coz im a WOMAN!
    They must have lowered the bar and just handed the job to me on a plate so it keeps their stats up!!
    They want me for promotion for the same reason, not because im good at wot i do and you've had 20 odd yr to get good and get promoted but instead u chose to sit on ur arse and bitch and moan about hungry people like me "taking ur jobs" and getting an easy ride!
    where were those peoples opinions and questions when people like me were rejected for jobs simply because im BLACK & a WOMAN????
    miki

    ReplyDelete